Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nursery Design & Decor...Part 2

So, I recently debuted our owl themed nursery design and got lots of positive feedback.  Check out that post for info about the overall design concept and where to find some of the big ticket items (and again, I swear I'm not being paid to promote Pottery Barn Kids).  This week I thought I would tell you about all the little details and some of the fabulous vendors I worked with to create all the personal touches.    

All of the artwork that I purchased for the nursery was sourced from Etsy.  I am a huge supporter of Etsy sellers and purchase things from them whenever possible.  I love using it for interior decor because 9 times out of 10 the sellers are willing to customize there pieces for you free of charge.  Which allows you to create a unique, pulled together space.  

Here are a few pics of the overall nursery:



To recap, I decided on an animal scheme room that morphed into owl themed room.  The main color scheme was blue-green and white with pops of orange.  The bedding and upholstery are all warm neutral, earthy tones.  The area rug brought in a few additional colors, but I wanted to the main accent color to be orange to tie into the rest of the house.  

With that in mind, I was on the hunt for owl-slash-animal-slash-cute in a nursery artwork that worked in my color scheme.  I found some amazing artists and had such a time deciding between everything.  But eventually I pulled everything together and created a cute little collage that I my little man already loves looking at.  


Below are the links where you can find the art pictured above:

  • Numbers and Letters Prints:  Print Chicks.  I worked with this vendor to customize the colors of these prints.  She has a custom color palette that you can choose from to create any color combo you choose.  I love this concept and I usually look for vendors that offer this.  It really helps pull together a room.
  • Geeky Owl Print:  Artualized.  I just loved this print and the orange was perfect for the color scheme.  This particular vendor doesn't specialize in nursery art like some of the others I found, but I think that's why I liked the print so much, because we can use it later in his big boy room.  
  • Woodland Owl Print:  Delivered by Danielle.  I liked the softness of this print.  I thought it was a great compliment to the bold colors of the other prints.  It also picked up on the neutral tones of the bedding.







On the opposite side of the room, I picked up this super adorable print that I fell in love with when I first found out I was pregnant.  I had seen the quote somewhere else and then I saw it with the owls and had to have it!  How can you resist such a cute little saying!?



And lastly, let me tell you about the super adorable tree decals.  I actually can't take credit for this idea.  My husband really wanted to do these big decals.  I wasn't for it at first, because I thought it would fight the stencil on the opposite wall (which i still kinda think it does), but I just love the way it turned out.  It totally makes the room.  And this is where my husband will start talking about how he's a better designer than I am, blah, blah.  So there are a ton of great decal sites, but personally I think alot of them are a rip off and there designs are a bit too over the top.  I wanted something simple and customizable.  I choose this vendor because I thought the graphics were very elegant and they also let me choose the colors.  And as I mentioned before, I think that is a critical factor of bringing a room together.




So that's the nursery in a nutshell.  Our little guy loves it.  I love walking into his room in the morning to find him happily laying in his crib looking at his walls.  It makes my heart melt and makes me so happy that I spent the time to pick out every last piece for him.  I would love to design another nursery!  But not for me, not right now anyway!  One little owl is enough to handle right now :)  

Heather
If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...