Sunday, September 30, 2012

Honeycomb Kitchen Rug

We got one thing crossed off our list!  Yay!  We finally got rid of our old green shaggy kitchen rug that shed relentlessly and upgraded to this gorgeous new one.  I don't know about you guys, but I had a hard time trying to find a rug that makes sense to use in kitchen.  You want something durable that won't stain easily, soft on the foot, but not too plush.  So after searching I finally convinced Marc into buying this one.


I love how the colors tie into our finishes in a modern, updated way.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I hate our kitchen cabinets with a passion.  I hate the color, the door style, well thats its really, but there's nothing else left to dislike, right?  I just think they look old and dated and totally don't fit into the rest of our house.  I'm always looking for ways to distract people from there ugliness and this rug is a step in the right direction.


So this guy is a flat weave wool rug, which so far is working out perfectly.  Wool is a naturally repellent material so its perfect for kitchens.  I mean, you can't let stuff it on it for hours, but as long as you clean up things relatively quickly you shouldn't have a problem with staining.  It also vacuums up like a gem!


We actually purchased this rug from One Kings Lane, which if you aren't familiar is a sister site to Joss & Main, both of which offer daily secret sale events of some fantastic interior products.  But you have to act fast, the good stuff sells out quickly!  Luckily we scored this little number before it was gone.  I've been wanting to purchase something from one of there sites for a while now, and I'm happy to report it worked out great.    


Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks for reading!


Heather
If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...