Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chihuly Sculpture

A few weeks ago, during my trip to the Steelcase Headquarters I saw a gorgeous glass sculpture by one of my favorite active artists, Dale Chihuly.  His work is stunning, simply stunning.  He has installations all over the US, all unique and worth seeking out.  Below are a few photos of the one that is showcased at  Steelcase University in there open courtyard.




*photo disclosure:  these were taken on a crappy iphone.

For more information on Dale Chihuly and his work, check out his website.



Heather


If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous :) That had to have taken a ton of time and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chihuly works! I live in Arizona, and there are some restaurants that house some of these pieces! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. I love the colors he chose. It's nice when an artist gets recognition for his talents when he is still around, so kudos to him :)

    Also, just a side note, I wanted to remind you that the June $50 giftcard giveaway is almost over, and June 30th is the last day you can leave any comments on June posts at 1house1couple so you can win. Good luck Heather! And thanks for coming over! :)

    have a nice weekend!

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the coolest sculpture! Would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would love to see this personally.
    So cute and very nice looking sculpture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...