Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Private Jet + Steelcase = Awesome!

Last week, I was invited on a trip to the Steelcase Headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It was an amazing trip and I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity.  Me and a group of designers, got to fly up in the Steelcase private jet, which was sooo super awesome!  It is definitely my preferred method of travel now, I mean really, how could I ever go back to flying coach??  

Ok, coming back down to reality now.  So, the trip was great!  Really great.  We toured the headquarters, saw tons of product - both on the marketplace and in development, we had some great discussions about industry trends, and to top it all off we had an beautiful dinner at one of Frank Lloyd Wright's Houses - The Meyer May House.  I promise, I will post all the details about shortly!

But first, let me give you the highlights of our tour.

Starting from the begining, this is the original desk that Frank Lloyd Wright designed for the SC Johnson Wax Building in the 1930s.  Steelcase manufactured and sold the product, with one minor adjustment - they added a fourth wheel to the chair.  The desk is also on display at the Art Institute of Chicago in there modern furniture exhibit.  Which, I highly recommend if you haven't seen.





Fast forward to present day.  Here are some of trend setting products Steelcase currently offers.  If you're interested in buying any of there products, check out there store.

{Conference space with privacy screens}


{Super cute planters.  I also loove the glass pattern}


{This table is actually a pad of paper that you can write on.  How fun!}


{Love the screen behind this sofa!  Gorg!}


{Tiny little personal work/relax area}


{Walk on a tredmill while you work.  So innovative!}




Next on the agenda, Steelcase recently renovated there cafeteria.  They turned it into an amazing new space to work, meet and eat.  I snapped a few photos, but you can read and see more about it here.







And lastly, the outdoor collection by Coalesse, a Steelcase owned company.  I can't wait to use these on a project!




Hope you enjoyed!  More to come about this trip soon :)




Heather


If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you flew on a private jet! #baller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work at the Steelcase HQ! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some very inspirational settings. I love the treadmill while you work idea! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...