Friday, May 4, 2012

Doggy Party!

Today is a very special day!  My sweet, lovable doggy is turning 7!  I can't believe 7 years has passed already.  I can still remember how terrified she was when we drove her home that very first day.  She's the best companion we could have ever asked for.  She loves to play fetch, chew sticks, give kisses.  So, in honor of my little fur-baby, I'd like to share some of my favorite doggy decor!

But first, a photo montage:

Marley as a puppy:




Shes about 2 or 3 here:




Fast forward to today:



That's our girl!  She's the cutest, i know.  But, dogs aren't always the best when it comes to keeping up a clean home.  I mean, lets be honest here.  They shed EVERYWHERE (hence the reason we have black floors), they're not exactly the cleanest eaters, and they love to tear things into tiny little pieces.  Its a constant struggle trying to keep with there messes.  I've thrown in the towel and basically let her take over the house.  I see no other options as this point.

But, I do try to keep our dogyg trimmings looking nice and integrated into our household.  I'm always on the lookout for a cute new bed or bowl set.  Below are some of the dog home accessories that I've had my eye on for a while:
William Wegman, the artist famous for photographing weimaraners, designed a line of Crypton fabric and made dog beds out of them.  They're so adorable.  I've been wanting one for years.

I recently discovered Diesel + Juice.  She creates custom portraits of your pets based on your own photographs.  They're just precious.  I will be purchasing one of these at some point.  She's also doing this great contest on her facebook page right now.  You can enter for a free one!



Dog bowls are such an issue in our house.  Well mostly, its just the floor under the dog bowls that's the issue.  I can't seem to keep that area clean and free of water splatters.  Again, refer to my comment above about giving up!  At any rate, I just love these dog bowls.  They've got great style and they come in lots of colors. 
And finally , you have to check out these super cute photos of pets in pretty houses, courtesy of Apartment Therapy:  here & here.

I just love dogs.  They're the best!  I can't wait to get home tonight, so we can take Marley to pick out a new birthday toy and get a big birthday cookie!  Happy Birthday little stinker :)

Heather
 
PS:  Don't forget to sign up for the Moroccan Pillow Giveaway!  Only a few days left :)

4 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute!! I have a serious weakness for adorable pups!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet doggie. I just found your blog via Tailor Made. The gift you sent her was amazing. I knew, based on the thoughtful and interesting gifts you sent to her, your blog must be equally as beautiful and I was right. Looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer. I am your newest follower.

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy - Glad to have you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...