Sunday, April 1, 2012

Suzanne Tick Art

I had a brilliant idea last week and finally got a chance to make it come to life this weekend.  I don't know if you remember, but last November I got to meet the amazing and talented Suzanne Tick.  She is a visionary in the commercial design product world, weaving pretty much anything you can fit in a loom.  I've had the opportunity to see her products and trends transform the industry over the last 10 years and have always been inspired by her originality and forward thinking.

So you can imagine, now that I've met her and spent some time with her I think even more highly of her.  And I was even more excited last Christmas when I received this in the mail:



She wove individual sized replicas of her art installation called Salvage.  It was definitely the best Christmas card I got in the mail that year!  I was so intrigued when I saw the installation hanging in her studio, so to have my own piece of it was so exciting.  The photos below show the piece hanging in her studio:




So fast forward three months, and I've basically had this great little piece from her collection just catching dust in my office.  And I thought, this is beautiful, I should frame this and make my own little special art piece out of it.  And that's exactly what I did.  I got a frame, some purple card stock and secured that puppy in a frame and hung it on my wall.  



I love looking at it.  It reminds me of Suzanne, her drive to create, and her passion for design.  These are the things that keep me motivated to work everyday and continue on my journey as a designer.


Heather

If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...