Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easy Art

As you may remember, last week I was on an art kick.  I wasted spent a ton of time on Pinterest getting ideas - you can see all my favorites here.  I had two frames that I wanted to hang in our guest bathroom, both 5x7.  That room was in desperate need of some good art.  So instead of buying new art I decided to take the easy, more affordable route.  I printed out a bunch of images that I found online and framed them myself.  This is probably illegal and violates some sort of copyright rules, but its cheap and easy and everyone likes cheap and easy things......right?  (Hold the hooker jokes please). 

All you have to do is find a few images you like and re-size them using photoshop or a basic photo editor.  Then print, cut, frame and hang.  I printed out about 10 images before i found the right combo.  Some of the images didn't look right enlarged, while others just looked much better on a screen than in a frame. 

Here is what I ended up with:




This was a really fun project.  I would encourage anyone to do it who is working with a small budget but doesn't want to sacrifice design.

While we're on the topic of art, I wanted to show you this cute sketch we've had hanging in our house for a few years now.  A couple years back, while we lived in Cincinnati, at my office Christmas party my husband and I posed for this amazing portrait.  Yes, its of our butts.  My company hired an artist from The Original Buttsketch and apparently all they do is sketch people from the back.  Its a funny concept, but I actually really love this portrait of us.  Mostly because my ass looks great!

I recently got around to getting a mat for this frame.  So now it looks a bit better and I'm no longer embarrassed to show it to people.  I hope to get a few more things for the wall its hanging on to fill out the space a bit more.  Until then, all you get to see is the sketch.





Hope you all have a happy weekend!  Enjoy this glorious weather :)

Heather

If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...