Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Art Lovin

I've been home with the flu for the past few days and I've had loads of time to browse the internet (read:  add things to my Pinterest boards).  Between watching episodes of The View and Ellen, I managed to come up with some ideas for art projects in my house.  There are a couple of trends that I'm super in love with.

#1:  Subway Art
I love how versatile this is.  You can personalize these for any occasion or theme.  I really like this one below with all there different addresses.  I could fill up a few canvases with all the addresses I've had.  I also like the super cheesy 'Home is where the husband is'.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for cutesy sayings like that.




#2:  State Art
I've been looving these for some time now.  Maybe its because we've lived in a few states and I think it would be fun to make some sort of tribute to that.  Yep, actually, that's exactly why I love it.  I think these would also be super easy to create on your own - which is always a bonus in my mind.  Or if you'd like to purchase personalized state art check out these Etsy stores:  here and here.





#3:  Recycled Art 
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - anyone who knows me, knows I love being green.  If there was only some sort of art I could make with corks....hmmm.  These two ideas are super colorful and fun.  The first one is made from old magazines and the second one is made from paint chips - both of which I have more than i know what to do with.  This could be a fun project some rainy day.




Have you guys seen any interesting art out there?  I'd love to hear about it!

Heather

If you’re enjoying Design Create Love, show me your <3 by liking my Facebook fan page, subscribing to my Blog, or following me on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...