Sunday, December 4, 2011

Picture Frame Ledges

Over the weekend we installed these cute frame ledges in our 3rd floor hallway.  I've been wanting to install them for a while.  The hallway is basically a big white space of nothing and it needs a little life breathed into it.  Marc ordered them for me from West Elm.  I actually asked for them for my birthday, cause these are the things that make me most happy!  Installing them was pretty easy, they come with an integral Z clip so measuring and screwing the brackets in was the hardest part.  Here is how they turned out:

3rd Floor Hallway

Picture Ledge
 I know what you're thinking......its too much white.  White frames on white walls, what kind of designer is this girl?  Well this project is Part 1 of the 'Making the Hallway Exiting' project.  Part 2 will be painting.  I've been eyeing up some stencils at Cutting Edge Stencils and I'm thinking about giving it a try on this wall.  After this wall is painted these ledges will pop.  Trust me! 

Art Close-up

Future Painting Project!
Oh and in case you were wondering, these cute letters are also a new addition.  We just put them on the ledges for now, but I plan on painting these guys soon too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...