Thursday, December 8, 2011

Get Artsy!

My fellow art lovers:  I recently decided to be a more active museum go-er.  After going to the Guggenheim in NY last month, I was feeling so inspired!  It made me remember how I felt back in college (wow, I just made myself sound old) when I was going to museums all the time for projects or sketching or some art history assignment.  I spent a good solid four years in museums, and now I'm lucky if i walk into one when the occasional out of town guest comes into town.  So, I've decided to be more proactive and I think you should be too.  I signed myself up for newsletters at my favorite museums around town and now I'm 'in the know'.  Here are some of my favs in DC:

National Building Museum
National Gallery of Art
National Portrait Gallery
Corcoran Gallery of Art
Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden

Andy Warhol exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery

What inspires you?  Where are your favorite museums?


1 comment:

  1. Ditto on the Natl Building Museum! They have an awesome exhibit right now called Unbuilt Washington that presents designs and projects that were proposed but never materialized. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...