Friday, October 7, 2011

There is no original idea

hello bloggers!

I've recently become fascinated with all the fun and fresh ideas I've seen on blogs.  These people are amazing, I'm impressed and more importantly...inspired!

One of the most important things that i learned in design school was that there are no original ideas.  So, with that in mind, I'm using the inspiration of the other blogs out there to inspire my own.  I mean really, how hard can it be?? 

Here is what I'm thinking:  I'm a designer and i often feel like people expect me to be really designery and i feel like i fall flat in that department sometimes.  So, I'm kicking it up a notch, I'm challenging myself to incorporate this more into my daily life in a way that can hopefully inspire others.  That's what design is all about after all.  So here is where I'm gonna start - My house + My neighborhood:
  • My House:  There are a ton of projects I want to start working on in my house...painting, stenciling, designing and building custom millwork, creating tackable fabric panels, to name a few.  I'm hoping to provide some good how-tos and instructions on how to do these projects yourself. 
  • My Neighborhood:  The Navy Yard, where is live is changing day by day and i find the construction projects fascinating.  I thought it would be fun to track the progress and show some before and afters of interesting projects.  I love construction.  Seeing something transform from a pile of dirt into a brand new building is the best!  Am i right??
Ok, so stay tuned.  This weekend we're tackling project #1:  Picking paint colors.  My husband says I can pick whatever i want, but there is no way he'll be able to give me that much control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...